Visit Official SPM Certificate Website
The Strategic Performance Management in the Public Sector Certificate (SPM) program is a professional development certificate designed for individuals in public and nonprofit organizations (both leading executives and frontline employees), and citizens interested in the functions of public sector performance measurement.
This certificate is designed and faciliated by Rutgers University lecturers and researchers. The program covers four core areas, listed below, that will give students a well rounded understanding of performance measurement and management as well as the practical skills ncecessary to implement such a system in their own organization.
How it works:
- Students enroll in a 10 week training course covering 4 core topics.
- Additionally, students can choose to specialize in 1 of 3 elective topics.
- To achieve your specialization, students must complete required elective work during 10 week course period.
- All students will receive free access to all three electives.
- Students are required to complete various assignments, participate in weekly discussion board topics, and complete a final assessment designed as an applied evaluation of learning outcomes.
- Electives contain roughly 5 weeks of content and assessments each.
- The core SPM course is all online and facilitated by Rutgers University instructors.
Performance Management and Government:
- Creating a culture of performance
- Stakeholder buy-in
- Overcoming psychological barriers to performance in government
- Overcoming political barriers to performance
Strategic Planning for Performance Management:
- Logic models and performance
- Stakeholder analysis
- Ensuring longevity of performance systems
- Developing and following organization missions
Measuring and Reporting Performance:
- Creating relevant objectives/targets
- Selecting reliable performance indicators
- Operationalizing your goals
- Data visualizing
- Effective reporting
- Turning your data into action
- Testing your indicators and measuring results
- Re-thinking organizational reform
- Basic Analytical Methods
- Budgeting for Performance
- Applied Program Evaluation
- $1,250 per student
- $1,100 for government/non-profit employees
- Register 3 or more students from same organization, receive 20% discount
- All students, upon registration, receive unlimited access to all 3 electives.
- This tuition covers all costs. No additional fees for books.
To download a copy of the information sheet, please click here
*Registration information will be made available prior to opening of course registration